Firefighters rescue man from burning home
The incident began at 4:45 p.m. Friday when firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 100 block regarding a residential fire alarm. Fire crews initially reported nothing showing from the exterior of the home, but soon discovered the home was full of smoke as they got closer to the glass front door.
Seconds later, while peering into the home, firefighters said they saw someone seated in a chair.
Two firefighters made immediate entry, grabbed the resident and carried him outside onto the porch, where other firefighters quickly tended to him while paramedics were called.
The man, whose name wasn’t immediately available, was flown by helicopter to Spartanburg Regional Medical Center from an emergency landing zone set up at nearby West End Baptist Church.
The smoke came from a pot of food that was left on a stovetop, firefighters said. No fire damage was reported.