2017-08-11 / Front Page

Blaze damages Springwood Drive home

By TIM GULLA
Ledger Staff Writer

The American Red Cross was called in Thursday morning to assist a Gaffney family with immediate needs after fire damaged a Springwood Drive home.

City of Gaffney firefighters were called to the 300 block at 12:08 a.m. The first arriving personnel reported heavy smoke showing, fire chief Jamie Caggiano said.

The chief said fire heavily damaged a bedroom and extended into a hallway of the single-story residence. He noted that firefighters were able to snuff out the flames quickly and limit structural damage. The home did sustain heat and smoke damage throughout, Caggiano said.

Members of the Lipsey family all got out safely and there were no injuries.

Fire Marshal Billy Bishop determined the area of origin to be in a bedroom. It was believed the fire was caused by a power strip.

Return to top

Print Edition

Click here for digital edition
2017-08-11 digital edition

Special Sections

Poll

Is the all-way stop at Hwy. 150 (Pacolet Highway) and Oneal Street a good idea?